Monday, May 10, 2010

Tales of Old

I have always been fond of songs that tell a story from folklore or legend. Arthurian legend is one of my favorites, and it is a shame that most of the media in the form of movies, TV shows, and otherwise have not been able to even come close to the glory of the King Arthur story.

That is why I am so fond of Heather Dale's music. I recently bought more of her songs from iTunes, one of my favorites from this new batch being her retelling of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Many paintings and drawings have been made of the Green Knight that showed up in the halls of King Arthur. Many have depicted him as a man with a long beard, dressed in green and having all green features, such as hair and skin. I personally envisioned him as a knight having a helmet similar to a crusader, looking very menacing and able for a challenge.



I attempted my own rendition of how I envisioned this knight. Many have wondered what he represented in his particular tale, and while I have no interpretation to add, I find this level of mystery only adding to the effect of his lore and presence in King Arthur's court.

No comments:

Post a Comment