Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Video blogging vs. Regular blogging

I know there are a good amount of people who look at both of these kinds of blogging, although I wonder if visual media in the form of a video would be more interesting. Then again, there are aspects of a written entry that make it easier for certain kinds of viewers.

After all, sites like Twitter, Tumblr, and LiveJournal are thriving communities that are primarily text based. Images, video, and music can be dispersed in them, but they're not the main focus.

It's so fascinating how needy we've become for even frivolous information, like what our friends are doing right this second. Are we that nosy? I suppose so. But at the other side of that aspect, is that we like to share what we're doing, and think that others are curious to know. It's a feeling of importance, or maybe we just like the fact that we're loved.

I found an old journal document of mine today, dating back to 2005. I was still going on about Advent Children, high school, and my original story that has gone through so many changes by now.
I even found an entry in 2005 talking about how I had to research a certain element of my story, so I read Silent Hill 3 reviews because I was too scared to watch videos about it. Ironic that a game series I'd refuse to watch, play, or like now is one of my favorite series' of all time.

My biggest consideration now is whether or not to do video blogging. It would certainly give my Youtube page more love - I haven't updated that in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment